(Little) Green Goddess Chickpea Salad is such a delight for summer, and I hope you love it as much as we do. This is a super popular dish that Kitchkat makes a version of for our delivery collaboration. We’ve adapted it to fit all of Little Green’s cleansing requirements: vegan, gluten-free, seasonal, fresh, and delicious.
My favorite thing about this dish is the fresh herbs. If you have herb pots in your garden, you can use any herbs to make the Green Goddess Dressing. Other greens can be substituted for the arugula, too….dandelion greens or spinach would be delicious. It’s versatile and healthy and tastes of summer.
Chickpeas are our fave, too. Just look at our last blog post to learn more about them. They are easy, full of protein, and absorb flavors so well.
I’ve made this recipe open to the public…so I hope you all can enjoy!
p.s. We are offering DC-area FOOD DELIVERY from July 19-25! Check it out!
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/8 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 1/2 avocados (can substitute tahini)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 shallots minced
- 1/4 cup capers drained
- parsley for garnish
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor or vitamix, and blend until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients, except apple cider vinegar, and blend until smooth. Drizzle in the apple cider vinegar until desired tang and consistency are reached.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge, with a piece of plastic wrap over the surface to prevent browning, for up to a week.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and pour into a large bowl. Stir in the dressing, several tablespoons at a time, and mix well. Add in the capers and shallots and combine. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley and a few reserved shallots and capers.
- Serve as a salad, alongside a green salad. Or smash and serve on sprouted bread, or as a lettuce wrap.
Leave a Reply