- 1 can coconut milk (Full fat & no added sugar. Not Trader Joe's brand.)
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 bag frozen mixed berries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1 peaches
- Pour 1 can of coconut milk into a bowl and mix well to combine liquids and solids (sometimes I blend the coconut milk alone in a blender to combine them, then pour liquid into jar.) Add the chia seeds and maple syrup to the jar and whisk together (or shake) well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, make a smoothie by combining the frozen berries, banana, hemp hearts and coconut water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Smoothie must be thick to layer.
- Using 3 glass jars for serving, layer the 2 parts, starting with the chia pudding (you may need to stir it up before spooning into the serving jars), and then following with the berry smoothie. Repeat. Top with fresh peaches and enjoy!
Chia is packed with healthy fats & omega 3's. High in antioxidants and iron, it also contains a good amount of protein. Ounce for ounce, chia has five times the calcium than cow's milk!