Now Hiring: Marketing Associate. Little Green, LLC is looking for a creative self-starter with a background in and passion for marketing to help grow our online cleanse + healthy living business.
Who are we and what do we do?
Little Green runs conscious + nourishing plant-forward cleanses promoting a healthy individual + a thriving earth. A Little Green Cleanse is about detoxing your body using the most nutrient-rich, fresh, real foods available to us. It’s about building healthy new habits in your kitchen and lifestyle that will nourish you and reboot your system. We do this by eliminating gluten, dairy, sugar, meat, alcohol, and processed foods, and by increasing our intake of plant-based foods, as well as eggs and fish. You choose your recipes, cook your food, and are guided daily with a focus, a bonus recipe, and a meal plan should you choose it. You’ll have an online chat group for support, questions and recipe ideas, and you’ll have email access to Christy the whole time. We currently offer 6 cleanse programs per year.
What are our marketing goals?
We have served over 1,000 clients, have 800 people on our mailing list, and 4,000+ instagram followers. We average about 85 customers for every cleanse program, and have 34 annual members. Our goal is to triple these number by the end of 2019. This business is very scalable, and we could easily be running cleanse programs with 4-5 times as many online clients. We are looking for help to do this!
A few of our marketing ideas include:
- Creating partnerships with gyms/yoga studios where those clients participate in our programs, either through created “challenges” or using discount coupons to participate in our programs. We have done this successfully and can grow the program.
- Incentivising gyms/yoga studios to promote our programs–giving them a share of revenue for clients who register
- Advertising to appropriate audiences for brand recognition
- Featuring our recipes with other bloggers/influencers
- Getting a major influencer to feature Little Green during one of our cleanses
- Growing our mailing list by promoting our blog in appropriate places
- Acquire partnerships for a Perks page, where we offer discounts to other national/related businesses, and they, in turn, offer discounts to Little Green
- Giveaways–discounted or free cleanses offered at conferences, coffee shops, related events
- Giveaway partnerships with relevant companies (Vitamix? Le Creuset? Wusthof?)
- Positive media mentions (Wash Post, NY Times, TV, radio)
- Distributing flyers/postcards
- Search Engine Optimization
- We offer food delivery service in the DC area, but that is not a scalable business nor what Little Green’s mission is; we are looking to grow the part of our client base that doesn’t buy the food, but buys the recipes/guidance
- We are open to YOUR ideas.
Who are we looking for?
- Marketing Associate with a minimum of 3-4 years marketing experience who can help us for 5 hours per week for 2 months as a trial run. We will continue based upon demonstrated success. Title could shift to Director of Marketing based on results.
- Compensation for first 2 months would be $35/hour, with room for growth based on results. You will receive a 1099-MISC as a contract worker for tax purposes.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, easy to work with, flexible, enthusiastic.
- Confident in forging new communications and partnerships, and in selling the idea of Little Green.
- Self-starter, visionary, idea-generating, independent worker, but also takes direction well.
- Interest in healthy eating/plant-based diet/the environment/fitness/health industry preferred.
- We will use Google Sheets to coordinate projects (and will consider moving to Asana Project Management System)
- We will ask you to track hours worked, log activities, and document results. We’ll likely have 2 calls per week. You will work from home, in the DC metro area so that you’re able to meet with potential local partners for Little Green.
- Please send resume and cover letter to founder Christy Halvorson Ross, via email to email@example.com.
- We look forward to hearing from you!