I love the root vegetables of autumn. Sweet potatoes, onions, and squashes are some of my favorites. I also love one-pan dinners that satisfy everyone! This Fall Frittata which I made twice last week can be increased by adding more eggs and a few more veggies, and using various sizes of cast iron pans.
Little Green’s 5 Day Beginner’s Cleanse has launched, and there is so much flexibility behind this healthy eating program. The program will run from this Sunday through next Thursday (Nov. 11-15.) You can make your own menu for the 5 days (we provide all the recipes!) or you can use our sample menu, and we’ll walk you through, step by step. If you decide to use the sample menu, you can buy ALL the ingredients at Trader Joe’s! How easy is that?! We hope you’ll register and join us for 5-days of super healthy and happy eating. If you’re a Washingtonian and want to buy the delivered food, you can do so through end of day today!
Now, back to our delicious dinner idea!
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into thin rounds
1 delicata squash, seeded and sliced (optional)
1 onion, cut into thin slivers
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 bag baby spinach
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 heirloom tomato, sliced
extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato rounds on it, drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. If you want to also add delicata squash to your frittata, add them to the same pan. Roast for 25 minutes, turning once.
- In a large cast iron pan, drizzle 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil, and sauté the onions until translucent, about 10 minutes. Then add the garlic, bell pepper, spinach and sea salt, and cook for 5-7 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs together with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper, and a tsp. of water. Pour into the cast iron pan.
- Carefully place sweet potato, tomato, and squash into pan in a pretty pattern. Add the pan to your oven. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until egg is cooked through, slightly puffed, and golden.
- Can be eaten hot, or at room temperature or even cold!